Singapore Limited Liability Partnership Setup
A Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is a perfect blend of a Sole Proprietorship with Private Limited Company setup.
What are the benefits of starting a
Limited Liability Partnership?
Form a Limited Liability Partnership @ $450
Inclusive of all registration fees. No Surprises.
In a nutshell
What is a Limited Liability Partnership?
Singapore Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is a type of business structure where two or more partners incorporate a partnership entity that shields co-partners from liabilities due to the willful misconduct or gross negligence of one partner or a group of partners.
For a LLP to exist, there must always be two or more partners. Although Singapore’s Limited Liability Partnership Act of 2005 does not restrict the benefit of LLP structure to certain classes of professionals only, in practice, LLP structure makes the most sense for chartered professions only (such as lawyers, accountants, etc.) when two or more such professionals decide to work together. For a typical entrepreneur however, incorporating a private limited company is the preferred option.
Who can start a Limited Liability Partnership?
- There must be a minimum of two partners. However there is no cap on the maximum number of partners in a LLP.
- The partners can be natural persons or companies
- A partner may cease to be a partner upon his death or dissolution or in accordance with the limited liability partnership agreement (if any) or, in the absence of such agreement, by giving 30 days’ notice to the other partners.
- A proposed new partner requires the consent of all existing partners. Other matters are decided by majority vote, with each partner having one vote.
- Unlike private limited companies, an LLP in Singapore does not have directors, shareholder or secretary, instead the partners own and run the business.
- Every limited liability partnership must appoint at least one manager who is a natural person of at least 18 years of age and who is ordinarily resident in Singapore, a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
Your Partnership Formation service includes
Appoint us in
3 simple steps
Answer some basic questions
Send us an enquiry and complete our simple registration form, or call us directly and one of our experts will walk you through the process.
We take care of the paperwork
Our incorporation experts will set up the required documents needed to get your business up and running quickly and accurately.
All done! Straight forward, and fast processing. By working with Leftright Corporate, we work fast to get your company setup as quickly and as accurately as possible.
Other Business Entities
A Sole Proprietorship is the simplest form of business structure in Singapore. It is mostly only suitable for very small single-owner type business that does not carry any risks.
A private limited company is the most advanced, flexible, and scalable type of business form in Singapore. It’s also the most preferred type of Singapore business entity for serious entrepreneurs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read our Guides
How to Determine my Financial Year End?
How to Select a Company Name
What is a Virtual Office?
What is an Exempt Private Company (EPC)?
Our Customers Say
5 out of 5
Need additional assistance?
Contact our experts with any additional questions.
We value your time as much as ours.
Someone will be making it their life’s mission to reply within 24 hours. Alternatively, you may reach us at:
Line 1: +65 3159 4755
Line 2: +65 6708 8255